Skip to the content
USPS rate increase for 2020 Holiday Season
October 9, 2020
The USPS will implement a temporary postage rate increase for commercial shipping products on Sunday, October 18, 2020.
- The USPS temporary rates will start at 12:01 am ET Sunday, October 18, 2020 and will end at 11:59 pm ET Saturday, December 26, 2020.
- Priority Mail will see an average rate increase of 4.2% during the 2020 holiday period.
- First Class Package Service will see an average rate increase of 7.0% during the 2020 holiday period.
This is estimated to increase the shipping costs by the following:
- First Class Package Service +$.25
- All Priority Mail, including Flat Rate Boxes/Envelopes and Regional Rate Boxes +$.40
- Priority Mail Express +$1.50